Sunday, 4 September 2016

Thistle Nut;

Thistles have appeared on the blog previously, this is a recent discovery for me so thought I'd share here.




A couple of weeks ago I was watching a video by thefourcrows where he was showing how to obtain the thistle nut from Spearthistle, today while out walking the boys doing a bit of mooching keeping my eye in for foraging and generally having a good time in the country air, I noticed the creeping/field thistle has a very similar bulb, upon closer inspection they do contain a very small nut, which has a sweet slightly grassy flavour.

Returning home a quick search tells me I'm not the only one to make this discovery and to enjoy another of natures little gifts.







Some people would say, Why bother? Well it's free, easily obtainable, easy to recognise, tastey and well because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment