Monday, 8 February 2016

Lorus Lumibrite Watch: REVIEW

Last year I decided I needed/ wanted a new watch, I'd stopped wearing one for a few years so I'm not exactly sure what prompted the urge. I checked my budget I wanted something for under £30 just for everyday wear that I won't worry about getting bumped, banged dropped or immersed whilst out in the woods too.





This is what I came up with http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2535975.htm at the time £22:99 reduced, now reduced even further the vast majority of the reviews were positive and for £23 I thought worth a gamble.

Well it was a gamble, I got the watch home and it kept stopping next morning it was actually running backwards I took it back to the shop and was offered the choice of a replacement or my money back, I still liked the styling of the watch so I took the replacement....... This time the gamble paid off. The watch is simple/ uncomplicated and unlikely to draw too much attention, I've seen recommendations on various survival blogs and discussion forums for watches that cost £100 or more. For me personally that's like sticking a target on your wrist.

The Watch:


Going for the "tactical" look:



Back under the stairs:


So I've been wearing this daily for the last 3 months, it's been bumped, banged dropped, through the washing machine (twice) after the initial hiccup for £23 I think this is one of those times where you really don't need to spend a lot to get a lot.







Official Blurb:

Watch features:

Stainless steel case

Grey fabric strap (holes reinforced with leather)

Buckle clasp

Quartz movement

Water resistant to 100m

Analogue display

Date and day display

Manufacturers 2 year guarantee

No comments:

Post a Comment