Saturday, 31 May 2014

MOD British Army Survival Knife sheath and mods Pt2


My 1mm thick leather waxed sewing thread arrived today, so thought I’d finish the immediate mods I wanted to do to the sheath.
I cut a strip from an old pair of shoes I was going to throw out, I made a loop roughly the size of the ferro rod and glued and clamped the rest of the material together leaving it to set whilst we went out.
Opening up the stitches on the side of the sheath I cut the excess material from the ferro rod loop leather and (drilled I forgot an awl) made the holes I needed, I considered using more glue to reinforce the stitch but opted for a saddlers stitch which I doubled up on (bringing it back down again) for security.
In and ideal world I’d have had some black elastic for the ferro rod but making do with what I have to hand.
IMG-20140531-01470IMG-20140531-01473

I may add a pouch or do some more as time progresses but for now I’m quite happy with how this has turned out. A hearty thanks from me to Scott from WessexBlades for the idea, if you’re not subscribed to him on youtube he’s worth a looksee.

No comments:

Post a Comment